MEMOIRS...


Ye daulat bhi le lo,Ye shohrat bhi le lo,
Bhale cheen lo mujhse meri jawani,
Magar mujhko lauta do vo bachpan ka sawan,
Vo kagaz kashti, vo baarish ka paani..
(Jagjit Singh)

Those were the best days of my life, few very precious moments of the past buried deep inside my heart under the soil of the present… Few memories, sometimes faint, sometimes crystal clear, always a foremost content of my thoughts… Its not that I cannot exist without them, but
only as a living being without a soul!! There are times when I tried to relive the past, capture those moments somewhere inside me making them a part of my identity…
Those streets, those people, those moments, that happiness, those tears, that madness, that carelessness, was all coming back to me bit by bit, piece by piece like flashes of light, like drops of rain, like pearls in the ocean though very old but seem to be very fresh, very new…
Those years, those 5 years of a doctor in the making, were just a few drops from the ocean of my life, but their absence is still felt deeply in my heart. Life has shown me a lot of peaks & troughs during that time.. Many people came & went, sometimes making a difference, sometimes not, giving a new direction to my personality, every time making me a stronger & a better human being.. They changed my attire, my persona, made me capable of facing the big bad world alone…It was then when I came to know the meaning of words like trust, faith, hope, knowledge, hard work, confidence, ambition, dreams..It was then when I learnt to search happiness in petty things… It was then when I started understanding life..
I was just 19 yrs old when I entered college… An innocent girl with a pure heart & a sacred soul came out of her shell to discover the world… I felt like a little birdie who has just been released from her cage, mesmerized by that enormous sky, trying to spread her wings, all set for her first flight!!
All those 5 years, I felt myself on a rollercoaster of dreams, sometimes low, sometimes high but still moving…
My poem, yaadein, which I wrote in one go (coz I never felt short of words!!) is very special & close to my heart as I have lived its each & every word at some point of my life. I just sat there in a trance with a pen in my hand & it just sailed through the sea of thoughts, extracting words from its depth, arranging them one by one…
This is a journey of a very ordinary girl from teenage to adulthood, from innocence to smartness, from dreams to reality, from planning to achievement… A story of a girl’s ambitions, a story of her friends and all those unforgettable moments...
And so I dedicate this poem to all my dear friends with whom I have spent a very important phase of my life, to all those days of struggle, disappointment, hope & determination, to all those moments of nostalgia which transformed me completely…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have We Become Productive Machines? The Battle of Productivity and Mental Well-being

Embracing the Odyssey: Revel in Your Journey, Celebrate Your Triumphs

Celebrating Mother's Day: Nurturing the Mental Wellness of Moms