What women want


They say I am a woman, I am the universe,
Where there is me there is life, there is nurturing and creation,
They want to celebrate my existence,
But I say if you truly believe that I am worth celebrating then first treat me like a human being,
Dont kill me even before I step into this world, 
Give me equality, give me respect
Don't judge me by the length of my dress
Let me explore, let me dream,
Let me be free, let me breathe,
At least let me feel secure in my very own nest,
Please don't make me hate the fact that I have breasts,
Let me go out be it night or day,
let me walk alone and dance in the rain, 
let me enjoy and not get raped!
Don't assume that if I had a drink or 2 with you I am ready to get laid...
I am your mother, I am your sister, l am your wife, I am your daughter,
But I am me and I have my own identity,
Don't quell it under the mountains of your ego, fancies and whims..
You expect me to be poised, you expect me to be confident, pretty and thin,
Oh please, for once let me be!
For once acknowledge the oceans of pain and sacrifice in my eyes where I always swim...
If you want to celebrate me then I don't need your fabricated words and fancy gifts,
I just want you to make this world a safe place for me to live,
Yes, I am a woman and I am asking this from you,
Tell me, is this something too much to ask for!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have We Become Productive Machines? The Battle of Productivity and Mental Well-being

Breaking the Chains: Unraveling the Ties Between Mental Illness and Substance Use for a Healthier Future

Embracing the Odyssey: Revel in Your Journey, Celebrate Your Triumphs