Vision board, its benefits and how to stick to it

 When I was a kid my dad used to make a vision board every year.. I was fascinated with the pictures and amused by his enthusiasm but never understood it's purpose, until I started making one myself.. let me tell you that I hate making resolutions as most of the time I forget about them by February! But when I started making a vision board, I kept sticking to it till the end of the year, and although I could maybe only finish 50% of my goals each year (I am improving slowly), it gave me an immense sense of confidence and pride in myself..

I have found that vision board helps me to:
🔹Define my goals clearly
🔹Stay motivated
🔹 Increase my self confidence
🔹 Gives a visual reminder of my goals everyday
🔹 Relieve my anxiety about the future
🔹 I have a lot of fun while creating it

But as enjoyable as it may be, it is sometimes hard to stick to it. So here's what you can do for that:
1️⃣ Be creative and honest while making it - use motivating photos and affirmations, write each goal as you want it to be
2️⃣ Make SMART goals (specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, time-based)
3️⃣ Visualize it periodically to prevent yourself from procrastinating
4️⃣ Analyze every week - write each small task you performed to achieve your specific goal (categorize them according to each goal), the things you were proud of and things you have to work on
5️⃣ Reanalyze each goal at the end of every month (you can do it every 3 months as well)
Towards the end of the year, if you are able to achieve even 50% of your goals, you will be proud of yourself..
It's not too late to create your own vision board so go do it now!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have We Become Productive Machines? The Battle of Productivity and Mental Well-being

Breaking the Chains: Unraveling the Ties Between Mental Illness and Substance Use for a Healthier Future

Embracing the Odyssey: Revel in Your Journey, Celebrate Your Triumphs